Now for the final part..
41. Family first - Of course, business success is important but that alone cannot make anyone happy. Relationships and family tend to be more essential than business success when it comes to happiness. It’s vital to keep that in perspective especially if you bury yourself under paperwork and business planning.
42. Schedule time with your family/friends - We know the importance of planning our tasks at work, but when it comes to our family and friends we like to think that good things will just happen. Sometimes it never works and creates frustration. So, while you’re sorting everything else, remember to think about spending time with your family and friends. Treat them just like a business project and set aside time for them. Just remember this one is probably the most important project on your list.
43. Marketing, marketing and marketing - It doesn’t matter how good your product is. By having a poor marketing strategy, it can get very difficult. You don’t have to become a marketing expert but try to become very good at it. It pays for everything else.
44. Keep customers - Your customers are the reasons why you keep your business is running. And that’s exactly why you need to learn how to keep them happy. Continuing in making your customers happy is a guarantee that they will buy from you over and over again.
news is bad news
news is bad news– Follow up with your customers, see how they’re doing and see if you can fix anything up for them. Listen, the average person is not going to call up your business to complain about something minor, they’ll just make a mental note to never do business with you. Making a follow-up gives you the opportunity to learn what’s bothering your customers, and probably you fix it for them and keep them happy.
46. Build a network – Doing business alone is well lonely. Build a network and use that network. You can use your network to learn about new markets, new marketing strategies, bouncing ideas and for support.
47. The 80/20 rule – The 80/20 rule is a famous principle when it comes to business and marketing. Basically, it means that 80% of your income is going to come from 20% of the things you do. Or, 80% of the things you do are only generating 20% of your income. The best way to use this rule is to find out the 20% important tasks that bring you more money and try doing them a lot.
48. Learn, Learn and Learn – Put some time aside to learn and discover new things related to your business. I know a lot of people absolutely hate doing this and that’s exactly why this is so important. It will become your competitive edge before you know it.
49. Hire a mentor/coach – There’s working hard and then there’s working smart. I think you need both of them in business. Working hard comes from knowing your market inside out and going the extra mile to keep your customers happy. The working smart part comes from working with a coach who can point you in the right direction.
50. Be yourself – It’s your business, you didn’t start it to just follow someone else’s idea. Let your personality and uniqueness shine in it. It’s your business, you call the shots.
Alright that’s it from me. Any tips you’d like to share? Let me know in the comment box below!